Managed to whittle the list of editing passes from twelve to twenty and now back to thirteen.
Which means I didn’t finish them by the end of March, like I wanted.
I did finish the biggest of the changes, though: giving each chapter to either the male or the female protagonist, swapping evenly between the two, and filling out her narrative arc so that her storyline has equal weight.
The changes I have left are much smaller: revising character appearances, adding touches to scene descriptions, and making sure everything is consistent.
Still, I’m setting weekly goals, aiming for three editing passes done each week. At that rate, I’ll be finished with the edits in early May :/
Much later than I’d like, but I tell myself that’s better than not doing them, or worse yet, continuing to tweak and edit for a year or more.